How many nonprofits are there in town? In Pasadena, we hear a lot that we have one of the highest numbers of nonprofits per capita in the US. According to National Center for Charitable Statistics (nccs.urban.org):
- Pasadena has 38 nonprofits for every 10,000 people
- City of LA and the City of New York both have 9 nonprofits for every 10,000 people
- Washington DC has 75 nonprofits per 10,000 people (many of which are international nonprofits, so there’s not as much correlation between population and number of nonprofits)
- Fairfax, VA (an affluent city right outside of Washington DC) has 135 nonprofits per 10,000 people
- Montpelier, VT (the affluent capital of Vermont) has 135 nonprofits per 10,000 people
- San Francisco has 30 nonprofits per 10,000 people
- Louisville, KY (one of the poorest cities in the US) has 38 nonprofits per 10,000 people
- El Paso, TX (another of the poorest cities) has 8 nonprofits per 10,000 people
If anyone has other data, please share it!
Assemblymember Chris Holden will host the 17th Annual FREE Block Party & Community Resource Fair. Open to the public. Saturday, July 30th. 11:00am – 3:00pm, 500 block of Jackson Street in Pasadena. Contact: 626-351-1917 or email Assemblymember.Holden@assembly.ca.gov. www.asmdc.org/holden.
Can all of our volunteers please take a web development class? We get LOTS of requests for web development help, so always need more volunteers; this time we need help with converting a WordPress site to a SquareSpace platform. If you have skills in either and have some time to spare, please contact Melanie at 626-319-6466 or MGoodyear@JRPasadena.org. Thank you!
CAC’s (www.californiaartclub.org) Membership Coordinator and Office Assistant manages all membership-related functions of the California Art Club, including processing memberships, oversees the annual Artist jurying process and the Mentor Member program, provides high-level administrative support to all staff, and friendly, energetic and positive customer service to all members and potential members.
Membership Coordinator and Office Assistant Job Description 6 22 16
As we begin our sixth year in business, we want to send a huge thank you to the many volunteers, donors and supporters who have helped us build a great foundation so that we can support Pasadena’s wonderful nonprofit community. I always reset the fundraising thermometer on our blog to $0 at the beginning of our new fiscal year (July 1) and I am deeply grateful to all the people who helped us meet our 2015-2016 fundraising goals and start the 2016-2017 year in solid financial shape.
If you would like to make a donation toward the new year, please visit our website at http://jrpasadena.org/make-a-donation.html. (I’ll be really happy to get the thermometer up from $0!)
The JRP office is lovely, but like many old buildings, doesn’t have great heat and AC systems. If you have a table or floor fan you can spare, would you please donate it to us? To arrange a time to drop it off, please contact Melanie at MGoodyear@JRPasadena.org or 626-319-6466. Thank you!