The Pasadena Village is a non-profit membership organization supporting older adults who wish to age in place. Founded by local residents in 2012, the Pasadena Village is part of a national movement of similar community-based organizations (www.vtvnetwork.org). Social, educational, and cultural programming is largely developed by members. Supportive services such as transportation, friendly visits, and minor home maintenance are provided by volunteers, many of whom are themselves members of the Village. This model of mutual support seeks to harness the collective power of individuals to create a caring community of active, engaged, interdependent people over 55. A small staff provides administrative support and assists with program development and implementation.
The organization currently seeks a Program Manager to support the work of the Executive Director and the development of the organization. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Must be available for occasional evening and weekend events.
• Respond to members’ requests for assistance: arrange services, make referrals, and follow up to ensure requests were fulfilled.
• Provide administrative support at committee meetings as assigned.
• Schedule and oversee programs. Assist with program development and logistics. Track registration and attendance.
• Manage communications regarding programs, special events, and organization announcements. Draft and send press releases when appropriate. Maintain the event calendar.
• Recruit, train, and manage volunteers. Assist with background checks. Work with the volunteer committee to plan annual recognition event and other volunteer activities.
• Maintain the organization website and database
• Produce reports for committees, grant applications, and internal records
• Maintain member, volunteer, donor, and vendor records
• Maintain a social media presence on Facebook & Twitter. Take photos at events.
• Assist Executive Director with fundraising and membership development
• Support the Social Work intern.
• Excellent customer service skills. Ability to display diplomacy, patience, tact, and optimism when interacting with members, volunteers, board members, community organizations, and the general public.
• Ability to handle multiple, ongoing responsibilities independently without drama
• Strong computer skills, including the ability to learn and master a non-mainstream content management system/database. Proficiency with MS Office Programs – ability to create flyers, create mail merges, and work with spreadsheets.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Ability to work with people of different ages and backgrounds
• Knowledge of aging issues; familiarity with local resources
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with social media platforms (Twitter & Facebook)
• Volunteer management & grant-writing experience preferred, but not required
• Experience working with older adults preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
• $30,000 to $40,000, DOE
• Health Insurance Stipend
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Rachel@pasadenavillage.org Rachel Reed
The Pasadena Village
236 W. Mountain Street, #104
Pasadena, CA 91103
Applications accepted through August 30, 2015
For more information about the Pasadena Village, visit http://www.pasadenavillage.org