Special Service for Groups (SSG) is a multi-service nonprofit agency currently operating over 25 programs in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Under its Research and Evaluation Unit, SSG is contracted to provide training and technical assistance to community-based organizations in community-based action research and/or program evaluation. Under the direction of the R&E Unit Director, the Research Analyst supports SSG programs in any research and evaluation efforts and works with the R&E team to conduct trainings and provide technical assistance to community-based organizations to increase their capacity for program evaluation and organizational development. The Research Analyst is involved in the development of research publications on policy issues pertinent to SSG programs. In addition, the Research Analyst may be assigned to work with SSG’s Program Development Team to support the development of funding proposals for SSG programs. The scope of activities and research topics will be determined by agency needs as well as the Research Analyst’s interests.
- Provide training and technical assistance on research and evaluation to community-based organizations and SSG programs, including the coordination of peer-learning activities and assessment of technical assistance needs. Assist R&E Unit Director in conducting community workshops on topics including conducting community needs assessments, developing surveys and focus groups, identifying evidence-based practices, and using GIS maps for program development and policy advocacy purposes
- Conduct program evaluation for SSG programs and community partners, including design of evaluation instruments and/or databases, data analysis and interpretation, and the writing and dissemination of reports
- Develop data publication (reports or briefs) based on Census and other data to support SSG’s advocacy efforts
- Participate in SSG’s Development Team, including supporting the development of programs and funding proposals for SSG programs
- Conduct literature reviews, utilizing online, academic, library, Census and community resources
- Perform data requests for SSG agencies and its community partners
For more information, please contact Eric Wat email@example.com or click http://www.ssg.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Research-Analyst-I.pdf