Special Service for Groups (SSG) is a multi-service nonprofit agency currently operating over 20 programs primarily in Los Angeles County. Under its Research & Evaluation (R&E) unit, SSG provides various forms of training, technical assistance and capacity-building related to research and evaluation for SSG programs and our community partners, including other community-based organizations, schools, clinics/hospitals, and funders. Under the direction of the R&E Unit Director, the Assistant Director is responsible for conducting trainings and providing individualized technical assistance, as well as guiding R&E team members in providing research, evaluation and capacity building services. The tasks, duties and responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide technical assistance to local nonprofits and SSG programs on community-based participatory research, program evaluation, and organizational development.
• Design and conduct community trainings and workshops around program design, evaluation and community-based research.
• Provide guidance to R&E team members to ensure successful completion of projects, including creating spaces for reflection and identifying opportunities for staff development.
• Develop and maintain relationships with peers in the field of capacity building, community based research, and program evaluation.
• Develop and maintain relationships with other service providers and organizations that serve the agency’s targeted communities.
• Identify and pursue opportunities for business development, including but not limited to writing proposals, developing initiatives and projects, and meeting with funders.
• Support R&E Unit Director in the long-term planning and development of Unit.
• Facilitate focus groups, interviews and other methods of data collection in communities.
• Present research results to community groups, elected officials and SSG staff.
• Conduct secondary research to identify data and literature relevant to SSG agencies and partners, including the use of online, academic, library, Census and community resources.
• Represent the agency in a variety of community settings including funder, provider and community meetings, and major events.
• Assist with management of daily operation of R&E, as needed.
Please email cover letter and resume to Eric Wat, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org