Founded in 1991 as a 501(c)3, L.A. Works INCREASES volunteer participation throughout greater Los Angeles, PROVIDES nonprofit partners with access to labor and EDUCATES about broader social issues.
OPEN TO ALL NONPROFITS!
- Community Connections, our powerful online recruiting tool, allows you to mobilize support by tapping into our 25,000 volunteer base free of charge. From skill-based roles to large one-day events, find the brains and brawn you need.: laworks.com/community_connections
- Managed Projects are long-term volunteer programs created by L.A. Works in collaboration with your organization. From youth literacy to senior care, each customizable project is assigned a leader, handpicked and trained by us, who supervises at your facility: laworks.com/managed_projects
- RSVP is for volunteers age 55+ wanting to share their life experience with the community. Federally funded by Senior Corps, the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program matches energetic adults with your areas of need, from helping veterans to animal rehabilitation: laworks.com/rsvp
- BusinessWorks are hands-on beautification projects such as mural painting and building garden beds customized for a company’s employees — with you as the beneficiary. We provide the planning and resources; you provide the need: laworks.com/BW
- Signature Days of Service are five-annual, large-scale commemorative events such as Martin Luther King, Jr. and Cesar Chavez Day. Thousands of community and corporate volunteers unite for a transformative day of painting and landscaping of your school or facility: laworks.com/DOS
- ProBono recruits experts in finance, marketing, human resources and more and pairs them with nonprofits in need of consulting. These volunteers commit to your organization for up to three months for a rewarding experience both personal and professional. laworks.com/probono
- AmeriCorps VISTA coaches you free of charge on how to build a volunteer workforce, utilize its talents and inspire future commitment. Training is adapted to your needs with a focus on education, economic development and/or food sustainability: laworks.com/americorps
- Service Enterprise, a national certification program, teaches you how to maximize your volunteer base across all levels. This four-session bootcamp offers constructive feedback and real-world training to help achieve your social mission: laworks.com/service_enterprise
To become an L.A. Works partner, visit laworks.com/about_partnership