Spend the evening exploring 21 prestigious arts and cultural institutions showcasing remarkable works by the best of Pasadena’s creative community from 6-10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 9, 2015. People of all ages and walks of life can experience memorable visual and performing arts and participate in hands-on, interactive activities at no cost.
Admission to all art institutions is free. The public can ride free shuttles provided by the City of Pasadena to and from each location, with City Hall serving as the primary transit hub.
Among the many ArtNight Pasadena highlights are fun-filled venues where you can do the following:
- Watch the Pennington Dance Group convey thoughts and feelings through music and fluid dance movement and enjoy an exhibit and artist dialogues at A Room to Create, 1158 E. Colorado Blvd., or join a New Orleans-style dance party featuring MUSE/IQUE and Dixieland band The California Feetwarmers at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, 300 E. Green St.
- Meet and buy books from local authors, view an art and poetry exhibit by local artists with disabilities, compete in a trivia contest, and enjoy other lively activities at the Central Library, 285 E. Walnut St., or browse works by local visual artists at Boston Court, 70 N. Mentor Ave.
- Travel to the USC Pacific Asia Museum, 46 N. Los Robles Ave., to view contemporary East Asian ceramics and watch exciting Sri Lankan dance performances, or head to the Light Bringer Project at Day One, 175 N. Euclid Ave., to attend creative teach-ins, dance to high-energy music and view art and video installations channeling sights and sounds of the 1960s.
- See art exhibits exploring topics including spirituality and collective identities and listen to jazz music at Offramp Gallery, 1702 Lincoln Ave., or view street artist murals at Art Center’s Williamson Gallery, 1700 Lida St., and South Campus, 870/950 S. Raymond Ave.
- Kids and teens can explore ancient Mandalas and create ripped sunsets at Kidspace Museum, 480 N. Arroyo Blvd., and enjoy an upbeat, interactive night filled with activities including printmaking and screen-printing at artWORKS Teen Center, 2914 E. Walnut St.
Several venues will also feature co-located food trucks where you can purchase savory comfort dishes. View the list of venues, activities and food trucks at www.artnightpasadena.org.
Ride Metro to ArtNight Pasadena and receive free merchandise and special membership discounts when you present your TAP card at participating venues including the Pasadena Museum of California Art, Lineage Performing Arts Center and Pasadena City College. For more information, visitwww.metro.net/service/discounts/artsentertainment/artnight-pasadena.
ArtNight is produced by the Cultural Affairs Division of the Pasadena Planning & Community Development Department in collaboration with participating arts and cultural institutions. For accessibility assistance or shuttle transportation to the venues, or to request information in braille or large-print format, call (626) 744-7062.
Stay connected to the City of Pasadena! Visit us online at www.cityofpasadena.net; follow us on Twitter @PasadenaGov, www.twitter.com/pasadenagov, and Instagram @PasadenaGov,www.instagram.com/pasadenagov; like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityofpasadena; and subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/pasadenagov. Or call the Citizen Service Center, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at (626) 744-7311.